I felt it was time for another list of things I’m excited for:
- 30th June – Melbourne!
- 1st July – Seeing Dan and Bridget
- 2nd July – Meetup + Alicia’s 18th + Staying at Alicia’s with Katie
- 13th July – Harry Potter midnight screening
- 14th July – Abby’s 18th
- 12th August – HSC Trials over
- 18th August – Extension English 2 done
- 20th September – Graduation Evening
- 21st September – Muck Up and Graduation Assembly
- 23rd September – End of high school classes forever
- 30th September – My 18th birthday!
- 4th November – End of HSC
- 9th November – Leave for Europe: UK -> France -> UK -> France -> Switzerland -> France -> Spain -> France -> Italy -> Austria -> Germany -> Czech Republic -> Germany -> Netherlands -> UK
On number 13: at the wedding on Saturday, Dad mentioned to a relative that there may be a possibility of him meeting me in the UK and the two of us going to Greece together. That would be beyond amazing – I was slightly sad that I wouldn’t be able to go to Greece and visit my family while being so nearby, so I really hope that works out! I’m also hoping my hints about driving around the Mediterranean will embed themselves in his mind; I’m convinced that we could drive from Athens, to the coast, get a ferry to Italy, drive to Naples, visit Capri, and then get another ferry to Spain. Or fly. Something. Anything, really, that will get me to Capri. Such a beautiful island, ugh, I miss it! We all complained for those two weeks, but I certainly wasn’t complaining about the places we visited (minus Pompeii, that was just monotonous after a while…). In my eyes, the more time spent near the Mediterranean, the better – it’s one of the most beautiful places in the world to me.
I’m in a generally positive mood for a multitude of reasons, the above potential plan being just one of them. The wedding was lovely, and it was actually nice seeing all those relatives that I hadn’t seen in so long! I’m also very excited for Melbourne – lovely friends, an 18th, alcohol! And I’m not too stressed about trials, because my most recent assessment marks are quite pleasing, so I’m probably developing a false sense of security. But that’s okay, because yay good marks! Not to mention, no school for three and a half weeks (although studying must be done during this time, but never mind that), which is the cherry on top! So content I’m speaking in cliches.
Just hoping this contentedness lasts the week, or better yet, the next few!